Technical Support Analyst
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sumo Newcastle joined the Sumo Digital family in January of 2018. As a former CCP Games studio, we have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and now with Sumo, a spectacular future of ‘AAA’ game development for some of the biggest and best publishers in the world.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The Role @ Sumo
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Analyst who can hit the ground running, think on their feet and be proactive. This role reports to the Head of IT Operations but works closely with the local studio. Responsibilities will include providing IT support to the Newcastle studio and the wider Sumo group. The role offers excellent potential for further training and the opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast paced videogame development studio.
The role will involve out of hours support when required.
In your new role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards, and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
- Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
- Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
- Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management. Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Electric Car Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
- Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
- 5 Paid Learning Days, including 1 volunteer day per year
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, The Gnomen Workshop, GDC Vault and more
- Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
- Free Life Assurance - 4x Salary
- Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
- Free Dental Insurance
- Supportive Employee Assistance Programme with confidential 24/7/365 helpline & app
- Access remote GP, Mental Health, Physio appointments & medical second opinions
- Additional flexible benefits scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Game & Book Libraries
- Long service & project completion awards
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo GameJam
- Great family events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Newcastle Studio:
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying over fifteen years of stability and growth. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out of office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and Spyder for Apple Arcade.
We are proud to be in the North-East of England, in our new, purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities in Riga. Newcastle was voted the number one place that travellers should visit in 2018 by Rough Guide and has everything that a major European city has to offer; culture, heritage, lively bars and fantastic retail. It is an exciting cosmopolitan city while also boasting plenty of beautiful outdoor space including several beaches less than an hour’s drive away.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.