We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo :
The Talent Acquisition department is responsible for delivering a first-class Recruitment service to the business through the proactive communication with internal and external stakeholders, and accurate and efficient administration of the day-to day full recruitment process.
We’re looking for 2 Fixed-term Contract Talent Sourcers to join our awesome team at Sumo Digital and help drive/support recruitment activities across the group. The role can be based at our Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham or Leamington Spa studios.
A quick glance at our vacancies is enough to elude to the consistent and considered growth that we are going through. To support our growth and meet our goals, we are looking for passionate & creative Talent Sourcers to join us, reporting into our Talent Acquisition Manager, Kieran Holland.
You will identify key talent to help shape and support our games. You will be responsible for identifying and engaging world-class game developers and senior leaders for our 7 UK development studios at the UK’s Best Independent game developer (Develop: Star Awards 2019).
Having a career at Sumo you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Within this role you will:
- Identify, engage and attract talented individuals who can contribute meaningfully to support the growth of our studios.
- Use LinkedIn, social media, CV databases, industry associations, game credits, internet forums, our internal database, events and other resources to identify talented individuals
- Develop diverse candidate pipelines through innovative research, compelling outreach communications and conduct initial assessment.
- Partner with recruiters to develop understanding of requirements and create effective search strategies.
- Successfully develop pipelines of talented people for recruiters to inject into their processes
- Be the sourcing subject matter expert utilising experience on various sourcing methods and resources.
- Own, design and proactively deliver analytics and insights into the sourcing process, the candidate market and competition to provide ongoing optimization.
- You’ll be an ambassador to Sumo, share our values and increase brand awareness in the candidate market.
- Maintain and track your sourced talent within our candidate tracking system
We are looking for someone who is:
- Demonstrated experience of sourcing experience, from either external agency or in-house
- Strength and interest in using blended sourcing techniques within a fast paced environment
- Authentic interest in people and finding talented individuals
- Success in sourcing talented people who have been successful in their new role
- Have a passion for making a difference and developing inclusive sourcing strategies to attract diverse talent
- Knowledge of applicant/candidate tracking systems
- Creative approach in sourcing techniques
- Fantastic communicator on social media, email, phone and in person
- Experience in working in or supporting clients in the gaming industry is a plus
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital continues to be one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying year on year stability and growth since its founding in 2003.
We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out-of-office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.