Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1000 talented team members across 15 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India. In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
The role @ Sumo :
The Talent Acquisition department is responsible for delivering a first-class Recruitment service to the business through the proactive communication with internal and external stakeholders, and accurate and efficient administration of the day-to day full recruitment process.
We’re looking for 2x Talent Sourcers to join our awesome team at Sumo Digital and help drive/support recruitment activities across the group. The role can be based at home OR from one of our studios - Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Warrington or Leamington Spa.
A quick glance at our vacancies is enough to elude to the consistent and considered growth that we are going through. To support our growth and meet our goals, we are looking for passionate & creative Talent Sourcers to join us, reporting into our Talent Sourcing Lead, Ben Harris.
you will identify key talent to help shape and support our games. You will be responsible for identifying and engaging world-class game developers and senior leaders for our 7 UK development studios.
Having a career at Sumo you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Within this role you will:
- Identify, engage and attract talented individuals who can contribute meaningfully to support the growth of our studios.
- Use LinkedIn, social media, CV databases, industry associations, game credits, internet forums, our internal database, events and other resources to identify talented individuals
- Develop diverse candidate pipelines through innovative research, compelling outreach communications and conduct initial assessment.
- Partner with recruiters to develop understanding of requirements and create effective search strategies.
- Successfully develop pipelines of talented people for recruiters to inject into their processes
- Be the sourcing subject matter expert utilising experience on various sourcing methods and resources.
- Own, design and proactively deliver analytics and insights into the sourcing process, the candidate market and competition to provide ongoing optimization.
- You’ll be an ambassador to Sumo, share our values and increase brand awareness in the candidate market.
- Maintain and track your sourced talent within our candidate tracking system
We are looking for someone who is:
- Demonstrated experience of sourcing experience, from either external agency or in-house
- Strength and interest in using blended sourcing techniques within a fast paced environment
- Authentic interest in people and finding talented individuals
- Success in sourcing talented people who have been successful in their new role
- Have a passion for making a difference and developing inclusive sourcing strategies to attract diverse talent
- Knowledge of applicant/candidate tracking systems
- Creative approach in sourcing techniques
- Fantastic communicator on social media, email, phone and in person
- Experience in working in or supporting clients in the gaming industry is a plus
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
- 5 Learning Days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo Game Jam
- Big Family Events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Income Protection of 75%
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt and Red Kite Games), Secret Mode, Atomhawk and Pipeworks (including Timbre Games).
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.