(Closed) Support Engineer
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo Digital are working on a variety of exciting games which present a unique set of IT issues and challenges. In this role you be expected to work closely with the development team to ensure their workflow is optimal and assist in the day-to-day running of the studio.
In your new role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
- Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
- Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
- Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.