Senior UI Technical Artist
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Within this role you will:
- Work with the lead artist and programmers to implement, structure and maintain the games front-end and user interfaces.
- Help develop scripts, maintain data structures, structure string tables and asset libraries to maximize production support and project infrastructure.
- Profile and optimize the user-interface to help improve performance
- Create animations and FX for use in the games UI.
- Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
- Collaborate closely with UX and UI team members to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Supporting integration with continuous testing on a broad range of devices and cases to ensure the UI remains responsive and intuitive to use.
- Put yourself in the driving seat to tackle and solve problem from the players perspective.
- Always thinking to drive quality work.
We need you to have:
- A background in Games, App or Web Development is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of Unity game engine.
- Fastidious attention to detail in order to push the visual and technical barriers further.
- Basic understanding of 3D and 2D packages highly advantageous.
- Illustration skills to help develop UI assets when required.
- High degree in confidence in layout theory using anchor points, slicing and scaling, aspect ratios, layering and data driven design.
- Knowledge in node-based logic systems such as Shadergraphs, Kismet/Blueprints.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec/brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in gaps.
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.