Senior UI Artist
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
Sumo is looking for a Senior UI Artist to come and join the team in Sheffield! This person will create engaging and functional 2D and 3D graphics, including menu screens, HUD, and all additional user interface graphics.
Within this role you will:
- Design, creation and implementation of game User Interfaces using proprietary and middleware UI tools
- Organisation and maintenance of game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Work with Design and Art Direction, on the creation and revision of UI concepts and prototype flows, to establish the UI direction
- Work closely with Design direction to ensure clear communication of essential information to the player
- Work with UI programmers to ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity
We need you to have:
- Expert graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience creating user interfaces from concept to prototype to final
- Excellent use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Good understanding of UX design for console and PC
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Art, Design and Code
- Strong pre-visualisation and implementation skills
- Strong After Effects abilities
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ production working on AAA video games
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
- High levels of competence with Max, Maya or equivalent modelling and animation packages
- UE4 experience
- Animation experience
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.