Senior Programmer (C++)
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We are looking for experienced Senior C++ Game Programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. This is an opportunity for a Senior Developer to hold an impactful role on the development and growth of our programming team in Pune.
As a Senior Game Programmer you will:
- Architect & own game features over a project life cycle.
- Write high quality source code.
- Mentor junior team members and set good example.
Must have skills:
- 5+ years C++ experience, coding and debugging.
- Ability to deconstruct large problems into manageable monitorable architectures and work packets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D math and graphics.
- Experience with large scale pipelines for asset processing.
- Knowledge of source control and asset management tools.
- Worked on 2 shipped game titles (preferably console based).
Useful to have:
- Communicate effectively within a large group.
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Set high personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master tools and development processes
- Take direction and criticism
- Believe in professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Be self-motivated
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.