Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
Role @ SUMO
Do you see yourself as a Senior Environment Artist?
Sumo Video Games Bangalore, India is looking for passionate environment artists who aspire to create realistic & stylized game Environment alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects on major consoles. The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal. They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best environment artists in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work.
Within this role you will:
- Working along with the lead artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled art team(Environment/ Props/Vehicles ).
- Create high quality realistic and stylized Next Gen game art buildings, props and landscapes.
- Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
We need you to have:
- Proficiency in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush.
- Excellency in photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software’s such as substance painter/designer and Quixel DDO.
- Work experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity.
- A portfolio demonstrating breath-taking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly.
- Should have at least 4 years of experience creating art for console games.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
- Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
- 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
- Five Learning days each year,
- 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
- Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
- Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
- Competitive bonuses
- Relocation Assistance
- Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
- Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
- Timely care packages
- Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
- Employee Assistance program
- Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
- Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.