Senior Digital Learning Advisor
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We don’t just develop great games, we develop great people, this role has the aim to ensure our learning platforms are used at their full for learning at a group and studio level. This role will continue the momentum gained from our shift to a digital learning culture to ensure every person has the opportunity to achieve their personal growth at their finger tips in all our studios across the Sumo Group.
You will join the growing L&D team and manage the L&D Coordinator role. Coming into the Sumo, you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment within a sustainable but growing business where you can learn and collaborate with some very talented people in the industry.
The role would best suit a candidate with previous experience of driving digital learning engagement.
In your new role you will:
- Work closely with each studio to understand their learning needs and how our platform can support to achieving them
- Deconstruct data into meaningful stories and actions for studio management teams with the aim of creating better learning engagement on our platforms
- Responsible for driving engagement in learning across the group
- Ensure that key learning messages and hot learning content are promoted
- Plan and execute learning campaigns
- Keep the learning experience homepage and learning content fresh
- Curate external content from our online libraries such as Udemy as well as freely available content to support learning needs
- Create resources to support learning in the flow of work
- Find experts in the business and tap into their tacit knowledge to create or curate content from them
- Design and deliver engaging and effective bite size virtual workshops
- Understand and launch new product features in our learning platform to teams in our studios
- Gain feedback and work with learning platform providers to enhance the learning experience at Sumo
To be successful you will have:
- A strong track record engaging teams with digital learning
- Previous experience of working with learning platforms
- Experience of partnering with stakeholders to understand learning needs and delivering digital learning strategies to meet them
- A good ability to analyse data and present it in a meaningful way
- The ability to build, influence and sustain good working relationships with stakeholders
Some ideal skills include:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience would be beneficial
- Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work with wider HR and Marketing team to drive learning engagement within studios
We are comfortable for this person to work fully remote from home in the UK or be based out of any of our UK based studios.
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
- 5 Learning Days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Game & Book Libraries
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo GameJam
- Big Family Events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Income Protection of 75%
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.