Lab42 is a best in class cross-platform game developer based in the UK. Now in our fifth-year, our headcount has grown to 30 experienced people supported by a veteran management team with backgrounds from Activision, Codemasters, EA, and Sumo Digital.
With an exceptional engineering team who bring experience of working directly on 17 titles across a range of platforms, we are ideally set up to take on the responsibility of full SKU development, adaptations & ports from platform to platform and focused co-development where our adaptable production techniques and processes enable us to dovetail with our partners.
We hold the official license for World Snooker and internally developed the photo-realistic, sports/simulation Snooker19, the first in an ongoing game franchise, for all major Consoles and PC. That’s in addition to providing a range of development services and special projects to a growing client list which features Paradox, Sega, Klei Entertainment, Magmic, Ripstone and WayForward.
Lab42 Games are looking to recruit a Programmer to support the development of games across a variety of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile.
What is the Job?
- You would ensure assigned coding tasks are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards
- You’ll regularly communicate the implementation approach on an ongoing basis
- You will deliver the build process and deliverable content when required by either internal or external milestones
- Ensure all code modules are integrated correctly into the project with correct versioning and added to version control on at least a daily basis
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes
- As a problem solver, you will identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery
Who are we looking for?
We’re open to experience however it’s important you have some experience in professional programming, particularly in programming games in C++.
Equally, it’s important you are able to work both individually, manage own tasks and as part of a small game development team.
Why should you work at Lab42?
Lab42 was formed 4 years ago with just one developer, and we have grown organically to 30 staff over the last four years. Our open plan office is in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa; a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene
We are a small, dedicated bunch with experience, drive, passion and creativity. Lab42 has a flexible working environment that make this a relaxed and friendly place to work. By prioritising the happiness and wellbeing of our staff we have been able to hire many industry veterans, and we are proud to have one of the lowest rates of staff attrition in game development.
To apply for this role please include your current CV and any relevant portfolio content where relevant. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.