We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and talented Producer to take up this key position on an undisclosed project. In this role you will be expected to manage production to ensure game content is delivered within scope and on schedule, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams
In your new role you will:
- Support and enable multi discipline teams in the delivery of high quality content
- Work with the wider production and leadership team to develop and manage milestone plans and project roadmaps
- Develop and maintain feature backlogs to ensure scope is clearly understood
- Identify, track and mitigate risks
- Encourage clear lines of communication and high levels of collaboration within your teams
- Assess existing processes to identify improvement opportunities
- 2 years experience in a production role with shipped console titles
- Managed the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected.
- Created milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Ensured project scope is adhered to and delivered in accordance with expectations.
- Identified and resolved conflicts between schedule, capacity and design goals.
- Managed day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, capacity, change and risk whilst making recommendations accordingly.
- Ensured that project team members are working from a tracked schedule and that they have a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Ensured excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development teams and across disciplines.
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
- 5 Learning Days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Game & Book Libraries
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo GameJam
- Big Family Events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Income Protection of 75%
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.