Lead Environment Artist
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Environment Artist at our Sheffield studio. We are looking for a world-class artist with a wealth of experience in driving quality standards on AAA console titles.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape some of the most exciting and groundbreaking video games currently being made in the UK.
Within this role you will:
- Be directly responsible for delivering all aspects the art on an exciting project.
- Take the lead in pushing the visual quality and standards to the highest level
- Supervise all the various art disciplines
- Assist production with estimates and scheduling
- Support and report directly to the Art Director
We need you to have:
- Broad knowledge of Art production on AAA games
- Expert knowledge of 3D pipelines and asset management
- Comprehensive communication and planning skills
- Must have completed several AAA titles, preferably at least one as Lead Environment Artist or similar role.
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.