Junior Programmer (C++)
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We are looking for experienced programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. Talented programmers will always find a home here at Sumo, no matter what your specialism is. We have opportunities to play a key part in our development in our programming team in Pune. Working alongside, including co-developing, our UK studios and development teams to build multi-genre AAA games across a variety of platforms.
As Junior Programmer you will:
- Write quality code under mentorship of seniors.
- Involve in an iterative process of discussions and feedbacks on the modules assigned to you with a senior team member.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs.
- Strive to learn and explore various techs under our arsenal.
Must have skills:
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Clear understanding of 3d math & vector algebra
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with at least one current generation engine (UE4, CryEngine, Source, Unity etc.)
- Proficiency in using Visual Studio.
It would be great if you also have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in the games industry.
- Contributed to a shipped title.
- Graphics systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting, materials and shaders) knowhow.
- Experience with source control
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.