Sumo Group is one of the largest suppliers of end-to-end creative development services to the video games and entertainment industries. Comprising of veteran video game studios, an agile publishing team and an award-winning creative services studio, Sumo Group teams are delivering on ground-breaking projects across the globe.
Sumo Group currently employs over 1000 talented team members across 15 studios in the UK, Poland, North America and India. In the UK, Sumo Group received the top level of accreditation from Best Companies in 2021, receiving a 3* World Class Award and listed as one of the Best Large Companies to Work for within the UK.
With a reputation for developing deep relationships with some of the world’s largest video game publishers, developers, platform manufacturers and entertainment brands, Sumo Group is dedicated to growing a sustainable business that provides security for its people, whilst delivering a first-class experience to partners and players.
There are opportunities to join the central Sumo Group team across multiple disciplines including HR, Finance, Marketing, IT and Recruitment, with industry-leading benefits and a flexible working environment.
The role @ Sumo :
A quick glance at our vacancies is enough to elude to the consistent and considered growth that we are going through. To support our growth and meet our goals, we are looking for a passionate, pro-active Recruiter to join the awesome Talent Acquisition Team, reporting into our Talent Acquisition Manager, Kieran Holland. We hire the best talent in the shortest possible amount of time whilst ensuring that the candidate experience is at the centre of our approach. The role is varied, with the recruitment process continuing to evolve with growth in our existing studios and the injection of new studios; you will play an integral role in helping the function evolve alongside the business.
Having a career at Sumo you would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The role would best suit a candidate with previous full-cycle recruitment experience.
Within this role you will:
- Develop great working relationships with your internal hiring teams.
- Work closely with other members of the Talent Acquisition Team to deliver a first-class service to the business.
- Identify, attract and recruit the best suited profiles for your disciplines across our 9 Sumo Group locations.
- Utilize networks, LinkedIn, job boards, industry events and game credits to effectively source passive candidates.
- Manage a candidate centric recruitment process.
- Build relationships with universities and take part in events to maintain a strong network of junior and qualified candidates.
- Sumo studios at industry events throughout the year.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data and trends in order to prepare recruiting and hiring reports.
- Support the evolution of the recruitment function through project ownership and process input.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A strong communicator, who can easily adapt the fast-paced nature of Sumo.
- Collaborative, eager to learn and share best practice.
- Technically minded with the ability to pick up software and technology.
- Unflappable, a cool and calm character.
- Humble, happy to learn and develop in a collaborative team.
- Able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Capable of being a great ambassador of Sumo.
Apply for this role if you:
- Have previous experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Show experience of engaging and attracting passive candidates.
- Are a great assessor of talent.
- Are comfortable sharing and implementing process change to continue to improve our maturing recruitment function.
- Can use the Microsoft office suite of products and have experience with Applicant Tracking System’s (ATS’s).
- Can build great relationships with the wide range characters across the business, with our service providers and most importantly with our diverse candidate pool.
- Have an unrivalled ability to communicate whether that be in a face to face scenario, over the phone or via email.
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
- 5 Learning Days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo Game Jam
- Big Family Events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Income Protection of 75%
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and know that it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Group:
Sumo Group is proudly founded on the pillars of Family, Security, Trust and Collaboration, and upon joining, our team members become part of a growing family of operating businesses around the world who strive to achieve wonder together.
Within the Sumo Group umbrella sits a myriad of outstanding studios and brands, including: Sumo Digital (and all subsidiary studios including The Chinese Room, Lab42 Games, PixelAnt and Red Kite Games), Secret Mode, Atomhawk and Pipeworks (including Timbre Games).
Built on creativity and imagination, our staff are some of the most talented minds in the industry. We respect our colleagues, support innovation, show determination in achieving goals, take accountability for our actions, celebrate excellence and – above all – we have fun whilst doing so.
Recent releases and projects from Sumo Group businesses include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Apple Design Award winner Little Orpheus, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Rival Peak, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.