Head of Content & Communications
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The Role @ Sumo:
Sumo Group are currently looking to recruit a senior content writer into the central communications and marketing team. To be successful in this role you will have experience or an in-depth knowledge and passion for the games industry.
You will work closely with the wider marketing team as well as other areas of the business, generating content across various audiences within the business and the wider industry. You will lead on managing the global thought leadership calendar, content creation for news and communications published across various channels and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with industry media journalists.
- Write and edit articles on behalf of senior leaders throughout Sumo Group.
- Oversee all content for Sumo Group's four key audiences: clients, investors, potential new partners and employees.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Lead on content creation for news and communications to be published on various channels globally, including but not limited to newsletters, emails, website, press releases, advertising, thought leadership pieces, corporate material, and social media.
- Coordinate with marketing and other areas of the business when developing new content.
- Minimum of four years experience within a writing/journalistic role.
- Experience working within games or a passion for the industry.
- Experience writing for various audiences simultaneously; clients, investors, potential new partners and company employees.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced news environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience in working across multiple on-going projects from various stakeholders.
- Experience working within the games industry, or a knowledge of the industry is required.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills are essential.
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus
- Share Incentive Plan
- Competitive Pension
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday. a duvet day and Christmas
- 5 Learning Days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Game & Book Libraries
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo GameJam
- Big Family Events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Competitive Mat/Paternity & Adoption
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- Income Protection of 75%
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
More About The Sumo Sheffield Studio:
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.