We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
As part of this new drive we are currently on the search for an inspirational Executive Producer to join our Sheffield studio. You will be working on an exciting project and will have overall responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectation of clients.
Your main responsibilities:
- Team Leader ~ managing & inspiring a diverse team of Artists, Engineers, Designers, Audio & Production staff.
- 1st Point of Contact ~ within all Production areas such as Quality, Vision, Budget, Schedule, Team & Client.
- Scheduling ~ of multiple departments, accountable for the milestones you construct, that are agreed, detailed & delivered as expected.
- Budget ~ identifying resource requirements & expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend & continuously updating projections.
- Managing Change ~ ensuring project scope is adhered and aligned to, controlling feature creep, ensuring quality expectations are met.
- Resolve Conflicts ~ between schedule, budget, design goals & team.
- Assess Risk ~ Continuously risk assess in line with quality, budget & schedule.
- Communication ~ drive the communication of production matters & recommendations with the client, team & Development Director.
- Research ~ Keep abreast of current marketplace trends.
- Coach & Mentor ~ be inspirational to your team!
To be successful you have:
- Shipped at least 2 AAA console or PC games in a production management role.
- A responsible, self-directed, detail-oriented problem-solving aptitude, with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
- Outstanding organization, communication, management skills/leadership.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong project management practices using industry standard software.
- A working knowledge of SCRUM & Agile practices.
- The ability to work effectively within a large group/multiple project environment.
- The ability to think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues.
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team.
What We Offer:
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.