Specialising in AAA PC/console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners including Microsoft, Sony, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Rare and Codemasters.
Several titles include Mafia: Definitive Edition, Battletoads, Two Point Hospital, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4, God of War III: Remastered and Call of Duty: Strike Team.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for current-gen and new-gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
- We're helping to develop two AAA open world, action games for current-gen and new-gen platforms
- We're enhance porting a hugely successful AAA battle royale game to multiple console platforms
- We're porting an award-winning AAA action game to a new-gen streaming platform
- We’re working in UE4, Unity and custom engines across all major platforms
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
The role @ Red Kite
Red Kite has a fantastic opportunity for a senior character artist to join our team. You will be influential in helping our studio develop original and innovative IP, alongside supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In this role you will be expected to champion art quality and help to create visually stunning game experiences in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
In your new role you will:
- Create efficient meshes that are good for performance
- Create well laid out, high quality textures suitable for both traditional and PBR pipelines
- Transfer high poly models into low poly models that adhere to required guidelines
- Work closely with rigging and animation to ensure that your models work well in motion
- Keep up to date with modern processes in the character art pipeline
- Create readable documentation for techniques and pipelines for the character production process
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
- Mentor less experienced people, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
- Want to work in-studio alongside a very social and close-knit team
To be successful you will have:
- A high level of experience in each stage of the character creation process, with the ability to create a character from concept to completion
- A good understanding of the technical requirements of the character art pipeline
- Be able to demonstrate and have the desire to work across a variety of styles
- Technically skilled across all areas of character production to produce high quality in-game assets and be up to date with modern processes
- Be able to clearly document any workflows you are involved in developing
- Have good organisational skills and produce work files that are easily used by others
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Prior console development experience
- Unity Engine
- Unreal Engine
*Please Note* – In what are clearly unprecedented and challenging times for everyone due to COVID-19, Red Kite remains committed to hiring the best and brightest that our wonderful industry has to offer. We would also like to take this opportunity to alleviate any concerns in respect to applying to Red Kite during this period by stating that all applications will be processed and that all live job roles are still very much active. As expected the Red Kite team are currently setup temporarily to work remotely and should you wish to join our ambitious studio then the support and reassurance required to do so will be provided.
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
- Flexi-time – Including 'finish early on Fridays'
- Annual Bonus & Share Incentive Plan
- 27 Days Holiday – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
- 5 Learning & Development Days – Including Udemy Access
- Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
- GI.biz – Best Small Company for 2020
- Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2021
- TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed, friendly and built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, afterwork clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Ultimately we’re looking for talented individuals that love what they do and want to make friends doing it!