Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
As a Senior Build Engineer you will:
- Maintain the stability of the project builds across all target platforms and environments.
- Design and implementation of systems to automate building (compilation, linking, packaging, etc.) testing, deployment and release/certification of a given title.
- Apply updates to Build Environments (OS, Application, IDE, etc.). Furthermore, you will coordinate with relevant Stakeholders to manage changes to Development, Test and Retail Environments.
- Be capable of quickly identifying the cause of any build disruptions, and for either resolving those problems directly or communicating with relevant stakeholders to help resolve those build issues.
We need you to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity or similar CI/CD systems
- A strong understanding of SCCM tools (Perforce, git or Subversion) and workflows (branching, streams, integrations, etc.)
- A solid understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems. iOS and macOS knowledge would be advantageous.
- Experience in a minimum of one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Experience working with Distributed Build Systems and Infrastructure (SN-DBS, Incredibuild, FASTBuild, etc.)
- Experience writing and maintaining automation scripts
- Knowledge of large-scale asset pipelines
- Experience in a range of programming languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Experience deploying to cloud compute and storage environments
- Game industry experience, and experience of console build tool chains
We also need you to:
- Be highly motivated to tune and optimize pipelines to improve team efficiency
- Think critically and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Author and present technical proposals for process improvements
- Mentor less experienced Build Engineers
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
- Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
- 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
- Five Learning days each year,
- 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
- Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
- Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
- Competitive bonuses
- Relocation Assistance
- Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
- Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
- Timely care packages
- Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
- Employee Assistance program
- Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
- Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.