Senior Combat Designer
Do you dissect the combat and core systems of all games you play? Do you delight in knowing the details of attack or parry timing and count frames? Then we would like to talk to you! We are looking for people who are passionate about living and breathing Combat Design.
As a Senior Combat Designer, you will help expand combat gameplay, by helping to define and direct core features for combat and enemy design, but also being hands on with implementation. Having this dual responsibility will give you major control on creating a cohesive and tight combat experience.
- Provide direction for core combat features and enemy designs, pushing for innovation and quality.
- Work directly with the Lead Combat Designer to create combat systems.
- Prototype, polish and balance enemies, as well as player abilities.
- Give crisp feedback to quickly iterate on concepts with a multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to the overall game design. We’re a collaborative group, and we expect every member of the team to have an impact on the overall player experience.
- Must have played Ghost of Tsushima and understand its core combat systems.
- 5+ years of systems or combat design experience.
- Must be a clear communicator, and juggler of the contributions from different disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and iterate quickly.
- Solid programming or similar experience.
- Contemporary knowledge of modern combat design.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Seattle.
- Leadership experience in a design role.
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D modeling and animation package.
- Experience working on Melee combat systems.
- Experience working on progression and investment systems.
Send us your resume showcasing your passion for combat design, pushing players to be on the top of their game!