Programming - Gameplay Programmer
Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for focused and collaborative engineers to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. We're looking for bright, energetic, and talented individuals who share our love of video games and our passion for creating innovative and fun experiences.
Work for this position will be done primarily in C++, with some work done in our proprietary Scheme-based scripting language. This is a highly collaborative position. You'll be working closely with our game design team during iteration on game play features.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
- Work with the game design team to design and implement features for our new game—player capabilities, new kinds of enemies, missions and systemic content. This is a highly collaborative position, so expect to work closely with other people just as passionate about games as you are
- Prototype and iterate on your features and content, using play testing and user feedback to home in the best expression of your ideas
- Work is done in a mixture of C++ and our proprietary Scheme-based scripting language
- Provide recommendations to management, as well as follow on solutions, to achieve strategic and operational goals
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Work with production staff to identify technical risks and breakdown gameplay into user stories and scenarios
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large game features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid 3D math skills
- Passionate about making great games
- 1+ years of academic or personal experience in game development