Site Operations Technician (SA/Brazil)
The biggest multiplayer games in the world use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experience possible. Backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, SpaceX, Google, Facebook, as well as leading Telecom companies, Subspace builds deep tech in global networking.
We're hyper-focused on "leveling up" in-game, and as a company. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency.
We’re looking for a Site Operations Technician to help build out the next phase of our global infrastructure. As a member of our Site Operations Team, you’ll collaborate with our Network Reliability Team, infrastructure, and logistics to fast-track deployment of our network while keeping Subspace infrastructure on-line and healthy supporting our growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Install, manage and maintain Subspace network and server infrastructure
- Identify/diagnose server hardware issues and determine appropriate corrective action
- Coordinate remote hands for new capacity installations
- Asset management: audit, labeling, and documentation of Subspace resources
- Ensure accurate / timely shipments and receipts of assets
- Work closely with cross functional groups in a team-oriented environment
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in a Data Center position within critical facilities
- General knowledge of Unix Operating systems / comfortable with command line
- Experience with troubleshooting server hardware and network infrastructure
- Experience building rack elevations and working with cabling standards
- General understanding of electrical and mechanical systems used in a Data Center environment (UPS, Transformers, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring infrastructure systems
- Able to safely lift and move a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
- Able to navigate and work alone in an un-supervised environment
- Ability to travel globally with up to 70% travel (post Covid)
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.