Network Development Manager (APAC)
The biggest multiplayer games in the world use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experience possible. Backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, SpaceX, Google, Facebook, as well as leading Telecom companies, Subspace builds deep tech in global networking.
We're hyper-focused on "leveling up" in-game, and as a company. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency.
We're looking for a Network Development Manager to own key strategic relationships with telecom carriers and ISPs across Asia Pacific (APAC), with a focus on finding ways to optimize routes and reduce latency for the world's top video games. Candidates should have at least 6 years of related industry experience working with Telecommunications carriers, Internet Service Providers, and/or Content Networks. We’re growing our international operations at lightning speed, and if you love working on crucial international projects, this role and Subspace may be a great fit.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage strategic relationships with telecom carriers and ISPs to find ways to improve Users experience of latency-sensitive applications, as well as help Subspace build productive connections with Telecom partners
- Find new, creative ways of solving key challenges collaboratively with the depth of talent at Subspace
- Monitor carrier SLA performance & capacity utilization to ensuring our suppliers understand the high service standards we aim for
- Actively participate & lead technical and commercial forums to create alignment with our mission and goals
- Communicate effectively with multiple technical, business, and legal contacts at telecoms carriers & ISPs
- Provide accurate, knowledgeable analysis of commercial and technical solutions for our carrier partners & internal teams
- Build strong relationships with key contacts at telecoms carriers and ISPs
What you bring to the table:
- 6 years+ related experience working with Telecommunications carriers, Internet Service Providers, and/or Content Networks
- Proven experience managing strategic relationships with telecom carriers and ISPs, successfully finding ways to improve user experience of latency-sensitive applications
- Technical knowledge related to routing, content delivery platforms, data center operations, ISPs, and other networking fundamentals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong change management and communication abilities; can confidently engage and build relationships with Telecom carriers and vendors and ensure overall successful ownership of Enterprise-grade, global initiatives
- Knowledge of Internet technology concepts and their use by ISPs including routing (IGP/BGP), traffic management, and interconnection and data center services
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.