Senior VFX Artist– ARK: Survival Evolved
An ADP Client, Studio Wild Card is currently seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join the team.
- Studio Wildcard, creators of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved, was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak.
- ARK is the most successful Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview title ever and continues to break industry records on consoles and PC.
About the Game:
ARK: Survival Evolved takes on the survival genre with a unique blend of emergent multiplayer cooperation and competition. Players must hunt, harvest, craft, research technology, and build shelters to protect against punishing climate conditions, dangerous wildlife, and potential enemies. Tame and ride one of nearly 100 prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never seen in video games! Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with a pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex.
- Independently create high quality, performant, and visually compelling VFX assets for games- including real time particle systems, textures & texture atlases, and shaders/materials.
- Work closely with designers, engineers and related artists to design, implement, and troubleshoot VFX.
- Be a self-starter who meets deadlines and actively collaborates with team on VFX goals, prioritization, and scheduling.
- Seek out and fix performance issues
- Maintain a meticulous, organized approach to creating, documenting, and sharing VFX for the team.
- Have a great attitude and be a positive force at the studio- flexible and adaptive to the needs of the team.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in creating and implementing real-time VFX in a game engine like Unreal Engine or Unity, etc.
- Proficiency in creating visual effects like fluids/pyro/etc. and lighting/rendering/compositing in a software package like Houdini/Maya/Max/Blender/etc.
- Working knowledge of real time lighting, post FX, shaders, and real time performance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in game development or related field.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and Niagara.
- HLSL or equivalent shader writing language.
- Houdini Knowledge.
- Scripting (Python, Vex, Mel, etc.)
What we offer:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) Life Insurance, 401k plan, Disability.
- PTO, Holiday Pay and Sick Pay
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer