Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award winning environment to work in!
Studio Gobo is looking for a talented Technical Artist to join the team on an unannounced AAA character-action console game. Reporting to the Lead Technical Artist, they will be a direct line of technical art support for the project's content creation team. The TA is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. The TA will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting edge visuals.
- Be the communication conduit between programming and art disciplines
- You enforce asset organisation and standardization
- Provide technical art tool support to increase the teams effeciency
- You help achieve the artistic vision within performance limitations
- Advise the art team on technical issues as they arise
- Collaborate and share knowledge on latest advancements with other technical experts within the company
- Participates in setting vision and collaborate with engineers to develop cutting edge tools and technologies
- Communicative, well organized, pro-active and eager to learn
- You have experience writing tools using Python, C#, MAXScript, MEL, Houdini, or C++
- Broad understanding of rendering pipeline including PBR, materials, lighting, occlusion culling, post-effect, ...
- You have experience working with version control systems like Perforce or Git
- Deep knowledge of one or more digital content creation packages (Blender, Houdini, Maya, 3DSMax, Motionbuilder, Modo, ZBrush, ...) and open to learn new ones when required
- Expert knowledge using one or more game engines (UE4, Unity, Lumberyard, proprietary, ...)
- Genuine interest in games and upcoming advancements
Nice to have:
- You've shipped a AAA title for desktop, console or mobile
- Tool development experience in UE4 (Python / C++), Blender, Maya, Houdini, ...
- Procedural workflows in Houdini and experience using Houdini Plug-in
- Experience with mesh destruction pipelines (chaos, houdini, ...)
- Understanding of C++, graphics API (DX12, Vulkan, ...), ...
- Experience working with source control APIs (perforce, git, ...)
- Deep rigging, skinning and animation knowledge
- Experience with data visualization (Excel, Plotly, Dash, Tableau, ...)
- Machine learning experience
- HDR rendering knowledge