Senior Environment Artist
Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Senior Environment Artist will make a significant direct contribution to the creation of high quality in game environment art as it applies to real-time technology for a AAA console game. This is an opportunity to combine masterful artistry and storytelling with ground breaking technology on a world class project.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Senior Environment Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Work closely with the Lead Artist, Art Director and environment art team to deliver content to the aesthetic and technical standards for environment art on the project.
- Ability to execute the artistic vision using in engine visual targets, workflow improvement suggestions, mood boards.
- Recognise the importance of gameplay and building artwork that enhances the players experience through mood, tone, composition and level design requirements.
- Passionate about innovation within the field of environment art, assessing pipelines and pushing for excellence.
- Contribute and be a vocal member of the art team, mentor team members, and play an active role in fostering a collaborative art culture within the team.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Professional experience in world art creation for AAA console games.
- Experience in modelling, sculpting, texturing, lighting, materials, PBR techniques.
- A world class portfolio demonstrating outstanding environment art and all aspects relating to the creative and technical creation of game environments.
- Knowledge of level art composition, environmental storytelling, rapid level prototyping and all stages of environment art production through to final polish.
- Prior experience working with the current state of the art game engines such as unreal engine for modern console hardware.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Interest in procedural workflow techniques including Houdini, substance etc
- Familiarity working with external teams and aiding in the transition of art content through an outsourcing pipeline.
- A passion for games