Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to have new experiences.
- This is a hands on, in-engine role. From UX/UI prototypes to final content you will be responsible for developing high level vision and roadmaps that drive the implementation of the game teams ideas.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, programmers, and producers to build new content and user experience systems.
- Define best practices for the discipline, from structured processes to workflow and content standards in order to implement content within UX/UI.
- As an expert user, help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team.
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource, assisting in the resolution of complex problems, growing skills and knowledge for the team.
- Manage and mentor UX/UI teammates
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or artist
- Thorough understanding of how to design and optimize UX/UI systems, features, and player experiences
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- A deep understanding of UX/UI trends across multiple genres and platforms
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is highly desired.