UI Generalist Engineer
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented UI Engineer to join our growing team working on a AAA project in the PUBG Universe.
- Work closely with VFX, art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architecting, planning, and implementing next-gen in-world UI systems
- Optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable code
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences
- Excellent level Unreal Engine (4.x) experience
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Experience working with custom shaders, materials, and motion graphics
- Have developed UI features for games across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- General experience with web services
- Passion for games and great user experience
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills