Senior Tools Engineer
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What We Need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a talented, motivated and experienced Senior Tools Engineer to build and maintain world class tools and pipelines for AAA development.
We are looking for an engineer passionate about building tools that make content production as easy and seamless as possible for our team.
- Design and fully implement complex tools both as an individual contributor and with the help of a small team
- Improve how content is authored through the design of tools and pipelines
- Work with teams to evaluate workflows and identify areas of improvement.
- Build Unreal Engine tools and pipelines to be both low maintenance and extendable.
- Keep current with technology advances in tools development and propose new innovations that may benefit the project
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- 5+ years of game industry experience and preferably 2 years or more in a similar role.
- Strong sense of UX design
- Familiarity with Game Engine architectures and Game Editor concepts.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is required.
- Expertise in character systems, animation systems, import and export pipelines for meshes, textures, rigs, and animations.
- Strong experience with the C/ C++ programming language.
- Experience with C# and Python preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience.