Senior Rendering Engineer
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an experienced Sr. Rendering Engineer to help create a new next generation AAA experience.
- Collaborate with technology director/architect on technical design and feature roll out.
- Coordinate with leads to ensure smooth roll out of new features.
- Research and develop real-time rendering techniques and features.
- Stay up to day with graphics papers and technology.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and optimizations.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship on your area of knowledge.
- Communicate accurate status updates to your team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features you are responsible for.
- Communicate and educate fellow developers about implemented features and rendering technologies in general.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of games industry experience and preferably 2 years or more in a similar role. Unreal experience preferable.
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One).
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills.
- Knowledge of performance and memory constraints as they relate to game development.
- Eye for photorealism and taste for aesthetics.
- Very strong knowledge in 3D math, graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Passion to explore new R&D ideas and new technology, strive to overcome technology barriers.
- Positive and enthusiastic to engage new challenges.
- Open minded, willing to be continuously learning, and with exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, focused and detail oriented.