Senior Client Engineer
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for a talented Sr. Client Engineer with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
As a member of our team, you can expect to contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms from desktop to console. You will partner closely with backend services teams and other client teams, ensuring that the underlying systems we build are scalable and secure.
- Drive the development of big and complex new features or improvements to existing ones
- Contribute to the overall quality of the user experience with a focus on game feel and performance
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional departments including:
- game design, product management, marketing, etc.
- Tackle difficult technological challenges and problems
- Embracing the challenge of working in a cross platform/cross play environment
- Work in a demanding and exciting C# environment with a highly dedicated team
- Build engaging features that will take the product to the next level
- C++ expertise and UE4 experience
- Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- Online service integration experience
- An ability to architect system frameworks and tools
- Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
- Experience using networking diagnostic and debugging tools
- Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
- Experience with one or more of the following game engines: Unreal Engine, consoles (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation), or PC