Senior Animation Engineer
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a Sr. Gameplay Engineer (Animation) to help us create the most dynamic and engaging in-game gameplay and cinematic experiences. We are searching for the best of the best - if you're interested in helping to craft epic moments, animating expressive true to life characters and creating responsive, engaging gameplay: then our project is for you! We are looking for battle tested veterans to partner up with our collection of industry experts who bring decades of experience delivering AAA titles. As an Gameplay Engineer (Animation) you will be working closely with the Leads of Animation, Design and Engineering to create visually stunning and memorable in-game moments. The Animation team here at Striking Distance Studios have our own onsite state of the art Motion Capture Studio to give our Animators the advantage of creating animations quickly as well as the opportunity to innovate and develop new techniques for capturing motions. We are creating an exciting environment here, where you will be challenged every day, have the resources to experiment and innovate for the best solutions. Want to push the envelope? Come join us and we can all push together!
- Design, implement, and maintain systems to support gameplay (animation, character, locomotion, abilities, etc...)
- Collaborate with animators, designers, and other programmers to achieve project goals.
- Take ownership of features with minimal guidance.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Strong C++ skills.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Knowledge of UE4 and especially its animation systems.
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in integrating animation features for gameplay or similar roles.
- Basic knowledge of various animation techniques (root motion, IK, layering, etc...)
- Excellent communication skills to work directly with animators and designers to solve problems.