Product Marketing Director
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
As Striking Distance Studios continues to grow, we are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
The Product Marketing Director will have a thought leadership position inside the organization as it relates to our players and approach to digital engagement. This position serves as the voice of the consumer within the development team and will have a deep understanding of player needs and desires. The ideal candidate will be an expert in product marketing, knowledgeable about the gaming and/or entertainment space and its consumers, and looking to push the envelope with fresh, innovative product ideas.
- Work closely with the product development team to identify key features that will appeal to players and ensure our games are positioned for success in the marketplace.
- Conduct market analysis and analyze market trends to understand the competitive landscape and help identify and establish product differentiators.
- Conduct consumer research and playtests to identify and refine the target consumers for our games, and better understand their needs and desires, as well as motivations for playing our games.
- Gather and interpret consumer insights, analytics, and player feedback to assess player needs/behaviors to better define product strategy and lifecycle planning.
- Work with the product development team to define requirements and specifications to create a roadmap for ongoing product updates throughout the entire lifecycle of a live service game.
- Work hand in hand with the brand and publishing cross-functional marketing teams in the development of key messaging and go-to-market plans for products.
- Support the brand marketing and sales teams with assets, product information, sales collateral, and other marketing materials to support their go-to-market activities
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Senior Marketing Role in a digital / mobile / consoles / PC gaming business.
- Live service game and/or free to play game experience are a huge plus.
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming landscape on PC and console, in particular core game genres such as shooters and action games.
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs for free to play and live service games.
- Proven track record of working with a variety of cross-functional marketing teams and disciplines on complex marketing campaigns.
- Proven track record of working with a product development teams, including disciplines such as production and design.
- Experience managing teams is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will exemplify our core values of putting people first, being passionate about our craft, and drawing inspiration from innovation.