Lead Environment Artist
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented artists with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented Lead Environment Artist who will have a direct hand in developing and directing a team of talented artists as they craft immersive environments. As a dedicated team leader, you will play a critical role as part of the project leadership team, being responsible for art development for entire game levels and epic visual content for in-game events.
- Create photo realistic assets and environments from concepts using the latest industry tools.
- Own the art development for entire game maps from start to finish, collaborating daily with other departments to ensure art contributions support gameplay, setting, and story objectives.
- Guide a team of artists in the development of AAA content holding to quality and performance standards and provide them with clear milestones, action plans and scheduling.
- Empower a team that thrives on open and welcome constructive criticism; Provide consistent managerial feedback to help guide them through career goals, challenges, and opportunities.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- A minimum of 7 years creating AAA quality art assets and environments for games.
- Experience leading a team of creatives through the many facets of game development with a strong ability to schedule out a team project from start to finish.
- Proven understanding and experience in creating art assets in a major 3d and 2d packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS).
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines (UE4, Unity, etc), editors, tools, pipelines, memory constraints and development processes.
- Strong collaborator and empathic mentor with proven experience guiding team members through career challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Displays self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and can work proactively and independently.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2d/3d asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.