Lead Character Artist
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented Lead Character Artist to join our growing team working on a AAA project in the PUBG Universe.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity.
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
- Manage and mentor other character artists.
- 7+ years’ games industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills.
- Familiarity with game development cycle.
- Good understanding of human anatomy