Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
The Lead Animator's main responsibilities are to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of his/her team and its impact on the project.
- Create high quality, hand keyed character, creature and environmental animations.
- Work with both keyframe and motion capture data.
- Problem solve typical game dev issues
- Define, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
- Schedule planning and centralize tasks;
- Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines;
- Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents); understand and communicate to the team the technical and artistic constraints;
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and recommend solutions;
- Motivate and develop the team members and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects
- Manage and mentor team members
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in animation within the gaming industry
- Experience in a management role
- Unreal Engine 4.x experience
- Good knowledge of a 3d package - Maya, Character Studio and MotionBuilder;
- Good understanding of animation principles – timing, weight and staging;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize the team’s work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements;
- Strong leadership skills, time and priority management;
- Ability to create and develop productive teams;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Critical thinking and problem solving;
- Self-starter with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications;
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to coach less experienced people;
- Experience in the gaming industry will be considered an advantage