Hard Surface Artist
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is seeking a talented and experienced Hard Surface Artist to join our team, This position will require working closely with designers, riggers, animators and other artists to create convincing, visually striking hard surface assets for an unannounced title! The position requires a sound artistic and design sensibilities mixed with game art production techniques. You must be someone that is proficient in next-gen asset creation from high-res source to in-engine implementation. If you enjoy the challenge of building cutting edge robots, weapons, and vehicles- apply now!
- Author high-resolution game assets of machinery, weapons, and hero props with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate both the very technical chops of authoring the hard-surface assets and the more artistic abilities of good design and aesthetic choices.
- Ensure consistency and quality of your work and be able to match that to the rest of the game.
- Receive feedback and modify work based on art direction
- Collaborate with concept artists and art direction to create the highest quality assets
- Work with the Art Director, the Lead Weapons Artist and the broader team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
- High attention to detail and the ability to faithfully translate concepts and ideas
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Functional knowledge of articulation and a mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in Substance Painter, Maya, ZBrush. Fusion 360, Mol, etc. are a plus!
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and willingness to help everyone excel
- Strong understanding of form and silhouette
- Solid understanding of current high-end real-time hard-surface creation
- Ability to work iteratively and dynamically, workflows allow for changes
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire work with the team to find solutions
- 3+ years of experience making models for games
- Shipped a AAA title as a Hard Surface Artist
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Experience automating workflows with Python or other scripting languages