Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Create photo realistic assets and environments from concepts using the latest industry tools.
- Work with Leads and Designers in a collaborative environment to create beautiful and engaging gameplay spaces and assets.
- Communicate with Leads and fellow artists regularly to keep cohesion between assets and spaces.
- Creatively troubleshooting technical limitations
- Optimize and deliver clean assets with the correct organization.
- Communicate with Production to ensure all deadlines are met.
- A minimum of 3+ years creating AAA quality art assets and environments for games.
- A strong understanding of PBR materials.
- Proficiency in Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, and Zbrush.
- Experience working in modern game engines (UE4 preferred, not required)
- A passion and hunger to make the best games.