Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a creative and technical Audio Lead with the capability to design and implement assets, lead the audio efforts for an entire project, and specialize in key audio systems.
- Engage in the prototyping of game mechanics, proof of concept and experimenting of features in engine and offline via linear sound design and interactive audio environments.
- Manage a team of audio designers, providing them with guidance and feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation
- Design next level audio content with foresight of implementation methodology for said content.
- Author, premix, and integrate audio assets within engine via WWISE and other audio middleware.
- Work within UE4 engine to further integrate authored and designed material.
- Work closely with various teams to achieve audio excellence across all disciplines.
- Engage with Audio Engineers to help refine \ align best practices with the aim of ultimately enhancing the product.
- Collaborate with Audio Director to execute and deliver upon audio feature sets, goals and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of complex recording sessions both in the field and on stage.
- Occasionally man or direct booth sessions if \ as needed.
- Edit, mix, and master audio materials.
- Excellent Sound Design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail.
- Capable of delivering on multiple styles and capacities.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio;
- 1+ years’ experience leading a team including people management
- A minimum of two AAA titles shipped as Sound Designer
- WWISE and game scripting experience.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Experienced in UE4 and scripting.
- Masterful within Pro Tools.
- Experienced with most industry standard plugin and toolsets (Waves, Izotope, etc…)
- Solid grasp of broadcast and mix specifications.