Software Development Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team on an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself a tech savvy, hands on Manager, and able to earn the respect and trust of a team of highly competent software engineers ranging from new graduates to Principals and Architects?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Software Development Manager for development of our next project. You will help us take the project from prototype phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work directly with engineers to maximize their effectiveness and strengths. You’ll manage a multifaceted technical team which will implement an ambitious new game from the ground up, ranging from the client and content tools through to the backend services and live support tools. You’ll work closely with the Technical Director and the Executive Producer to achieve the best quality, reliability, and efficiency.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software
- 2+ years experience as a Software Development Manager
- 3+ years experience developing software using C++ and related technologies
- Familiarity with Games as a Service
- Familiarity with best-in-class Games as a Service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly present complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Experience delivering software as a service
- Experience managing projects and teams in an Agile environment
- Experience hiring engineers
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team
- A track record of shipping software on time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.