Lead 3D Character Artist
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a growing team of Artists, Animators and Designers for an exciting new project? Do you consider yourself an inspirational, passionate, and collaborative Character Artist who is able to deliver projects on-time while earning the trust and respect of a team of highly respected Game Developers?
Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Lead 3D Character Artist for the development of our next project. You will help us take the project from preproduction phase through beta, launch, and live support over a 3+ year timeframe.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Art Director and extended team of highly creative Designers, Artists and Engineers across Stoic. You will ensure that our project is delivered on-time and on-budget while maintaining a high-level of quality.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Art Team and Art Leadership to create stunning character content
- Help set and keep the quality of all character art content
- Lead in-house character artists and external vendors, creating customizable and unique characters, wearables, creatures and weapons
- Will be able to embrace a unique art style and help maintain / support it
- Help new artists understand the style and produce high quality assets in timely manner
- Be proactive and an active contributor to ideas, meetings, and the project
- Keep studio leads up to date on progress, slippage and risk
- Be able to work independently and mentor other character artists on the team
- 8+ years of experience working in a Studio Art capacity delivering high-quality Character Art
- Amazing low poly and high poly modeling skills (Maya and ZBrush preferred)
- World-class mastery of human and animal anatomy both realistic and stylized
- Ability to adapt to an unique art style and guide other artists delivering cohesive character content
- Strong eye for proportion, pose, expression
- Good understanding of modern engines and material editors
- Experience and expertise in Console or PC AAA titles
- At least 1 shipped title
- Familiarity with best-in-class Games as a Service (GaaS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of Materials in Unreal
- Good understanding of skinning in Maya
While we do have offices in Austin, TX and Seattle, WA, there are no requirements on physical location. This position has the option to be fully remote.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.