Stellar Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Guildford, Surrey at the heart of a thriving community of game developers and publishers. We are a group of ambitious, collaborative and passionate developers supported by industry veterans with a collectively diverse and impressive softography, dedicated to creating an empowering, family first working environment.
We have recently released Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and Burnout Paradise Remastered to critical acclaim across multiple platforms.
Having worked on a string of hits, winning lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We approach everything we do with the single-minded goal of being the best. We will take on the difficult work so that those who have a vested interest in what we create - both our partners and our players - can enjoy an unparalleled experience.
Whether it's the creation of our games, the development of collaborations with high profile industry partners or the building of a long-term future for our studio, we have what it takes to do amazing work every day.
Making games is a team sport and we know our team performs at its best when our people can work in a culture of trust and flexibility and feel they have the freedom to take care of all the other important aspects of their lives, as well as their work.
Work within a great team on top games collaborating across disciplines touching all areas from engine to gameplay, from tools to infrastructure, from client to server.
- Excellent C++ programming skills, with a solid understanding of object-oriented principles
- A solid overview of all the parts of a game (e.g. architecture, rendering, sounds, physics, networking)
- Understanding of 1st party requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of algorithm, data structures, best practices, and clean code principles; And the ability to apply them
- Willingness to drive into unfamiliar codebases with a varying degree of complexity with the goal of understanding, extending, and refactoring existing features
- Ability to estimate, and track your own task within the team
- High motivation combined with a strong work ethic while still staying human.
- Passionate about games and driving them to the next level
- 5 years minimum experience in a game programming role
- Worked on at least 1 game within the engineering discipline, preferably a AAA title
- Bachelors degree in engineering or other training.
- Develop the foundation system needed by the specialist (e.g. 3D, physics, sound, etc) meeting the needs of the project
- Produce maintainable, elegant, efficient code within the constraints of the target (e.g. PS5, Xbox, Switch)
- Ensure engineering principles, and coding standards are followed and drive the evolution of these over time.
- Analy, and hunt down bugs, and establish rules and procedures to avoid whole classes of bugs in the future
- Under the architecture of the game, and help to steer it in the right direction.
- Coordinate with the Lead Engineer to drive the game forward
- Support users of your work, directly with documentation, and steadily increasing usability
- Help to get the game done - at the high level of quality, we aim for
- Work has a member of an agile development team that aims for excellence, and attention to detail.
What we offer
- Hands-on mentoring turning you from a graduate programmer into a seasoned professional
Stellar Entertainment Software Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stellar Entertainment Software Ltd also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
* Means working remotely but you may be required to be on site for major project meetings at the companies discretion.