Build & Tools Engineer
Stellar Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Guildford, Surrey at the heart of a thriving community of game developers and publishers. We are a group of ambitious, collaborative and passionate developers supported by industry veterans with a collectively diverse and impressive softography, dedicated to creating an empowering, family first working environment.
We have recently released Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and Burnout Paradise Remastered to critical acclaim across multiple platforms.
Having worked on a string of hits, winning lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We approach everything we do with the single-minded goal of being the best. We will take on the difficult work so that those who have a vested interest in what we create – both our partners and our players – can enjoy an unparalleled experience.
Whether it’s the creation of our games, the development of collaborations with high profile industry partners or the building of a long-term future for our studio, we have what it takes to do amazing work every day.
Making games is a team sport and we know our team performs at its best when our people can work in a culture of trust and flexibility and feel they have the freedom to take care of all the other important aspects of their lives, as well as their work.
Working under the direction of the Technical Director your responsibilities will include planning,
implementing, and running the build infrastructure for multiple projects on multiple platforms. This
is the machine that takes all the loose pieces, and combines them into the games our players love.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the needed infrastructure setup
- Implement, and improve the CI setup, and scripting needed around it
- Ensuring the system creates builds, and reports as needed
- Shipping milestones to publishers, and/or 1st party, keeping track of the ever changing
- Explore test automation for gen4 & gen5 consoles
- CI/CD systems, e.g. Jenkins, Buddy, TeamCity, CircleCI
- Scripting, e.g. bash, or powershell
- Virtualization Software, e.g. VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Networking, e.g. (simple) routing, VPN setup
- Cloud based infrastructure, e.g. AWS, Azure
Stellar Entertainment Software Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stellar Entertainment Software Ltd also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
* Means working remotely but you may be required to be on site for major project meetings at the companies discretion.