(Closed) Social Media and Community Manager
SteelSeries is a global leader in the gaming industry, which is made up of BILLIONS of gamers around the world who all need and want only the best gaming equipment. We make the professional level tools gamers need to feel like esports stars. For us it’s all about cutting through all the flash and hype to meet the real needs of gamers. Whether it’s on a console, PC, or your mobile phone, gaming like a pro requires the best products from a company that has a team full of passionate, talented and creative people that bring it all to life
We’re looking for a talented Social Media & Community Manager with a passion and experience with gaming/esports audiences to join our global marketing team in Chicago. This role will our core social channels and content as well as engagement with various communities of fans and gamers. You will help grow our fan base and work with counterparts around he world on our social media plans. We need a social media enthusiast who understands the ins and out of using social media platforms and has their pulse on pop culture and the gaming world including hot new titles and trends.
You’ll work with the Head of Social and other marketing leaders to help develop our social voice, interest in our products, and celebrate gamers and our esports teams. Social is a key channel that also drives brand awareness as well as our ecommerce business, so you will need to have a focus on analytics and performance metrics.
In addition, you’ll help find ways to engage with gamers including owning our streaming channels, event and tournament activation, as well as working with other community managers from game publishers for partnerships.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts - a person that is constantly consuming the news, stays up to date on pop culture trends, and has an “ear to the ground” on all things social. Plus, experience interacting directly with an opinionated community!
The role will be based in our headquarters in Chicago, IL. The ultimate candidate will thrive in and foster a fun and fast paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive. You must have a passion for consumer electronics, the gaming world, and an authentic understanding of gamers and how to be engaging on social media.
- Own company social media channels and end to end execution across all core social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch)
- Plan and develop highly engaging social media content of various formats targeting our core gaming audiences (including user-generated content) to encourage sharing, conversations, and interest in SteelSeries – all using the ideal tone and style
- Regular monitoring and reporting of social media channel performance and core metrics including growth rates, engagement, and traffic
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and escalating social community issues to the proper personnel and departments
- Establish regular streaming cadence for Steelseries live channels (Twitch, FB, YouTube) and engaging content to be streamed
- Creation of social media marketing plans supporting key product launches campaigns, event activations, partnerships and brand efforts
- Leverage social media influencers and key esports partnerships to extend social media reach to elevate the brand
- Event activation and partnership with community managers across the industry for industry events, launch events, and tournaments.
- 3+ years managing social media efforts for a major consumer brand, ideally focused on a gaming audience
- 3+ years experience managing community groups and event marketing (gaming/esports a big plus) activations through multiple channels
- Deep understanding of the gaming and esports industry and gamer audiences
- Event management skills including activation, staffing, branding, and strategy.
- Experience with live streaming (Twitch, FB etc)
- Strong marketing acumen including copy-writing skills and a creative mindset
- Graphic design, photography, or video creation skills are always a plus
- Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple high priority projects and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing or related field