(Closed) Global Head of Social Media
SteelSeries is a global leader in the gaming industry, which is made up of BILLIONS of gamers around the world who all need and want only the best gaming equipment. We make the most award-winning, cutting-edge products to help gamers on their daily quest for glory. For us it’s all about cutting through all the flash and hype to meet the real needs of gamers. Whether it’s on a console, PC, or your mobile phone, gaming like a pro requires the best products from a company that has a team full of passionate, talented and creative people that bring it all to life
Are you a Social Media expert with a passion for gaming, Esports and the crazy world of gamers?
We’re looking for a Head of Social Media to join our global marketing team in Chicago. This role will lead our social media efforts for the company. From optimizing our overall social media engagement strategy, to content planning and managing our core platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch) it’s all about connecting with the gamer audience in authentic ways. We need a social media enthusiast and leader who understands the ins and out of using all social media platforms and has their pulse on the gaming world including hot new titles and trends.
You’ll help develop our social voice, interest in our products, and celebrate gamers and our esports teams. You’ll also work with social media managers around the world to ensure alignment to a core strategy while keeping us locally relevant to gamers everywhere. Social is a key channel that also drives brand awareness as well as our ecommerce business, so you will need to have a focus on analytics and performance metrics.
Success in this role requires excellent customer instincts - a person that is constantly consuming the news, stays up to date on pop culture trends, and has an “ear to the ground” on all things social. Plus, experience interacting directly with an opinionated community!
The role will report directly to the Director of Global Marketing and will be based in our headquarters in Chicago, IL. The ultimate candidate will thrive in and foster a fun and fast paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive. You must have a passion for consumer electronics, the gaming world, and an authentic understanding of gamers and how to be engaging on social media.
- Lead company social media strategy and end to end execution across all core social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch)
- Plan and develop highly engaging social media content of various formats targeting our core gaming audiences (including user-generated content) to encourage sharing, conversations, and interest in SteelSeries
- Regular monitoring and reporting of social media channel performance and core metrics including growth rates, engagement, and traffic
- Establish the SteelSeries social voice, personality, and a social media playbook to guide regional social media managers
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and escalating social community issues to the proper personnel and departments
- Paid social media strategy working with digital advertising leads to partner on social advertising driving positive ROI
- Creation of social media marketing plans supporting key product launch campaigns, event activations, partnerships and brand efforts
- Leverage social media influencers and key esports partnerships to extend social media reach to elevate the brand
- 5+ years leading social media efforts for a major consumer brand on a global level, (gaming audience or ecommerce a plus)
- Deep understanding of the gaming and esports industry and gamer audienches
- Experience using social automation, advertising and listening tools as well as key analytics tools such as Google analytics and Facebook Ads manager
- Strong marketing acumen including copywriting skills and a creative mindset
- Graphic design, photography, or video creation skills a plus
- Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple high priority projects and deliverables
- 3+ years’ experience managing social media marketing teams or agencies
- Experience creating and organizing workflows for social and content departments
- Experience managing, writing to, and elevating a brand voice
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing or related field
- Strong competitive knowledge of best-in-class brand and social practices
Open to US Residents, sorry we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.