(Closed) Global Category Brand Manager- Audio
ABOUT US: SteelSeries is a global leader in enhancing gamers’ experience through devices and software they need and want. We were founded to help e-sports pros win major tournaments. And wow have we succeeded! In fact, e-sports pros have won more prize money using our gear than any other brand (and we are just a little bit proud of that). We understand and share the passion for gaming better than anyone else because we too are dedicated gamers on a mission to cut through the flash and hype. We bring cutting edge products to life that meet real needs. We believe in creativity and imagination, in being true to gamers and ourselves and of displaying the same killer instinct in our work as we do when we game.
TITLE: SteelSeries Global Category Brand Manager – Audio
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE: The Global Category Brand Manager (GCBM)-Audio will deliver the category P&L and market share goals, while building the brand’s equity in the category. This will be achieved by developing the overall audio category strategy, long-term business plans, and annual operating plans, working with cross-functional counterparts to ensure implementation. Responsible for end-to-end ownership of the business, the GCBM-Audio will be the SteelSeries brand champion for the Audio category within the organization, creating a vision for category success and ensuring alignment with senior management and key stakeholders.
This role will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with Global Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Market Research, Creative and external agency partners.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES-Audio Category:
- Portfolio Strategy- works with the Product Development team to design and bring to market new products to grow the SteelSeries audio category-having clearly defined consumer targets, unique role in the portfolio, differentiated positioning, competitive set and business objectives for each; manages the lifecycle of each product; leads development and articulation of unique selling proposition for audio products; ensures alignment with overall SteelSeries brand strategy, architecture and guidelines; increases brand equity for products in the category
- P&L Management/Business Planning- Responsible for delivering overall audio portfolio business goals across key performance areas; conducts routine business analyses and actively monitors global business performance (e.g. pricing, distribution, market share) to guide marketing activities; leads long-term and annual business planning, including operational plans; leads post-program analysis to optimize future programs; manages audio category budget
- Project Management- Leads and manages product and portfolio initiatives and marketing programs with cross-functional departments, adhering to budget and timing parameters
- Insights and Innovation-Works collaboratively with Market Insights and Product Development teams to develop robust product roadmap; leads new product introductions globally; maintains deep understanding of consumer insights, competitive position and marketplace trends
- Marketing Planning and Communication- Provides marketing leadership to subject matter experts in the Global Marketing Organization, providing strategic guidance to optimize efforts and create broad cross-platform synergies; works with Sales teams in all regions to develop go-to-market strategies and activation plans; develops quarterly marketing playbooks for use by Sales teams for customer activation; responsible for planning, executing, analyzing, and updating both category and product level marketing plans, working with the Global Marketing and Regional Sales & Marketing teams to accomplish
- Customer and Channel-Partners with Sales teams to develop channel and customers strategies; maintains understanding of channel and customer dynamics, identifying growth opportunities; leads development of channel and customer marketing plans in conjunction with subject matter experts in Global Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (MBA Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in brand management in CPG or Beverage, preferably with a Fortune 500 company
- Previous product marketing experience or developing/leading global product launch and marketing campaigns a plus
- Experience in gaming industry (preferably experience in gaming peripherals brand management but minimally a gamer him/herself)
- Experience developing digital marketing plans and tactics
- Leadership- Ability to articulate a vision, influence others, set a course of action and follow it through to completion; consistently models integrity, work ethic and high standards of excellence; leads and develop self and others
- Bias for action/working with purpose-Works with a sense of urgency and purpose to develop and implement ideas that grow the business; willing to actively work alongside colleagues to get things done; consideration for impact of actions
- Communication- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing; able to think on one’s feet and participate in dynamic business/creative discussions
- Business acumen-Understands business metrics, market share and pricing data (NPD, GFK), consumer and insight analyses; ability to conduct comprehensive business analyses; knowledge of business planning, Sales and Marketing fundamentals, tracking and measurement techniques, competitive and marketplace assessment; quantitative and qualitative research and advertising development
- Critical thinking-Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Consumer focus- Deep, holistic understanding of consumer beliefs, motivations and characteristics; expert understanding of brand architecture, positioning, and equity building endeavors
Open to US Residents, sorry we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.