Do you ever write something and say to yourself, damn, somebody should pay me for this gold? Well, then consider yourself wanted – by us.
Our small and growing marketing team in the SteelSeries Software unit, is looking for an experienced, freelance copywriter that can help us market our software services to gamers around the world through email, social, landingpages and more.
This opening is for a 3 month contract of 20 hr / week with potential to extend into a full-time position.
What you'll do
- Create short video scripts and captions that our Motion Designer can turn into engaging social media video
- Write thumb-stopping (yeah, we just did that) captions for social media posts. Both organic and paid
- Compose email drip sequences that onboard users of our new gaming clip software, Moments, in order to reduce churn
- Work with cross-functional teams and agency partners to create killer landingpages with copy that converts
- Work with our product team to create small, magical moments throughout various points of engagement within our software
- Work with the product team to translate technical software features into easy-to-understand and entertaining-to-read blog content
What you've got
- You must know how to write direct response copy that gets people clicking. If you don't know who Robert Cialdini is, this probably isn't your gig.
- Shifting between different styles of writing is just like deciding between wearing a t-shirt or something a bit more formal. You rock both and you know when to suit up or dress down.
- 5+ years experience of writing as part of marketing teams whether agency or in-house
- Ability to manage your time effectively and communicate proactively to the team in the rare event that a deadline slips.
- You know how to analyze the results of your creative and iterate toward greater impact
- Coach-ability and willingness to improve
- Experience communicating to people within a subculture (ex. snowboarding, skating, fashion)
- Bonus, not a must: Passion for gaming
- Open to remote but our office is in Chicago (currently open with misc. Covid precautions in place)
- 3 month, 20 hour contract position
- Opportunity to go full-time
- US only
You must include writing samples with your application. If you don't include samples, we won't consider your application.
SteelSeries is a global leader in enhancing gamers’ experience through devices and software they need and want.
We were founded to help esports pros win major tournaments. And wow have we succeeded! In fact, esports pros have won more prize money using our gear than any other brand (and we are just a little bit proud of that).
We understand and share the passion for gaming better than anyone else because we too are dedicated gamers on a mission to cut through the flash and hype. We bring cutting edge products to life that meet real needs.
We believe in creativity and imagination, in being true to gamers and ourselves and displaying the same killer instinct in our work as we do when we game.