(Closed) VP of Product
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional Background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you... welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team. We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous compensation plans as well as medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The VP of Product Role
The VP of Product will report directly to the CEO. You will also directly manage the Product Manager. The VP of Product will be responsible for guiding our product development. You will need to have a deep understanding of the user experience, identify gaps in order, and to generate new ideas in order to drive results and improve the user experience.
- Own the definition of our product strategy
- Advocate for the development and implementation of significant features and/or improvements
- Work closely with engineering, marketing, design, and science teams to create a GTM strategy
- Develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to Senior Management
- Create processes, best practices and tools to strategically ensure seamless releases
- Engage with partners and/or users to ensure proper product strategy
- 3+ years of Managerial experience for Product Management Teams
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence analytics
- Experienced in product strategy, product launches/releases, and roadmap responsibilities
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Subscription services leadership experience
- Solid understanding of first-person shooter games
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Must have strong technical skills and can discuss the front-end and back-end
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.