Video Editor (Remote)
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product, Aim Lab, is a personalized training platform that helps gamers learn about their strengths and weaknesses and train for the game they love. Aim Lab has over 20 million players around the world and is available for free on Steam and even on Roblox. Aim Lab also has official partnerships with some of the biggest publishers, including Riot, Ubisoft, and Activision Blizzard.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Video Editor Role
We’re looking for a passionate video editor to join the content team. Someone who is knowledgeable in multiple games (VALORANT, R6, APEX, CS:GO, etc), is eager to bring new ideas to the table, and willing to try new things!
- Edit videos across a variety of formats and games
- Elevate video series with motion graphics, unique creative pov and well-defined branding
- Collaborate with talent, designers, and producers to see a project to the end
- Create in-game cinematics to incorporate into videos
- Deep understanding of Esports/gaming content, specifically with a focus on FPS games
- Familiarity with pre-production, production, and post-production
- Proficiency in Adobe CC programs (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and take feedback
- Motion Graphics and cinematics experience
- Ability to trouble-shoot under pressure
- Self motivated and positive team player
- Communicative and reliably meets deadlines