(Closed) Sr. Data Analyst
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
Sr. Data Analyst
The Science Team at Statespace uses explainable and interpretable models to address both business intelligence and scientific questions. Reporting to the Director of Research, the Senior Data Analyst will work within the Science Team. You will design and implement advanced SQL queries as well as data validation, QA, and integrity testing protocols. You will support, automate, and streamline the advanced analytics work of other members of the Science Team by implementing their code in the data workflow (Snowflake, Databricks, Metabase, etc) to maximize efficiency and integrity. This position is not a data scientist position and does not require machine learning expertise. Both Statespace, overall, and the Science Team are growing rapidly, so you will be working in a changing environment. Being a gamer isn’t required, but you’ll be expected to learn about the industry and our users, over time.
- Optimization of SQL query performance
- Maintaining and optimizing data science workflow for productivity, collaborative work, and reproducibility
- Maintain catalogue of Science Team members’ Python/R/SQL code for all experiments and models
- Assist in the maintenance of data and BI pipeline (Ex: Snowflake, Databricks, Metabase)
- Develop and implement data validation, QA, and integrity testing protocols.
- Maintain R or Python-based scripts to automate advanced data analyses written by other Science Team members (regression, prediction, clustering, anomaly detection, or scoring algorithms) and ensure results are saved to our database.
- Work with Science Team, Product, and Marketing team members to design and evaluate A/B testing experiments
- Be prepared to work with an exponentially growing data warehouse that will incorporate new tools and products, going forward
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, including multiple complex joins, query performance, and query optimization
- R and/or Python
- Knowledge of data architecture best practices
- Designing and evaluating A/B testing experiments
- Retention modeling and acquisition attribution
- Working with engineers to understand data sources and potential sources of error
- Statistical competence (e.g. confidence intervals, significance testing).
- Projects involving cross-functional teams and successfully completing complex, large scale projects
- Data management including data warehousing, delivery, and operations
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.