(Closed) Senior Front End Software Engineer (Remote)
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Front End Software Engineer Role
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to help us bring the science behind Aim Lab to a new, web-based product. You should be comfortable creating scalable, well-tested applications handling millions of users, and familiar with common protocols like OAuth and GraphQL. You’ll be responsible for writing code for the millions of gamers who want to improve their performance, share their results, and have fun doing it.
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists to build beautiful, high-performing applications for web/mobile devices
- Write code that is fast, reliable, testable, and maintainable
- Ensure your work is accessible to the widest possible audience
- Iterate quickly based on feedback from users
- At least 3-5 years experience building and improving web/mobile applications at scale
- Data visualization experience using D3 or similar libraries
- Experience using automated testing frameworks such as Testing Library, Jest, and Cypress
- Familiarity with OAuth and authentication systems
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience coaching and mentoring teammates
- Full-stack experience: you're a developer, not "just" a front-end developer
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with consumer-focused applications with millions of users, especially for gamers
- A strong eye for design
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure providers
The location of this role is US-Remote
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.